Friday, December 9, 2011

Spiced Old City























On my way to work, I have the honor of breezing past America's most boring historic sites: Liberty Bell, something called Independence Hall, and several places Ben Franklin once, I don't know, mailed a letter or something. I feel bad for families of grouchy children being dragged from the (wasn't actually) Betsy Ross House to the Merchant Exchange-so I'm ready with suggestions for Federal-Era overdosed tourists.


The kind gentlemen of the Franklin Fountain and Shane Confectionary (historical! hip! fun for everyone!) gave us the vintage metal molds. We also used Art In The Age's Snap, who's flagship is also Old City local.
Spiced Old City
Cranberry Juice mulled with cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, cardamon, cloves
AITA's Snap (organic Spirit)
just a splash Mandrine Orange Vodka*
Mandrine orange slices/syrup to sweeten the pot
ENJOY!

























*We used Jacquins, which is somehow from Port Richmond, though I can't find anything really about them.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...